Monday, March 9, 2009

Union County ARES

Well, I thought I would get on here and give an update on ARES here in Union County. As you all may know, I was appointed EC for Union County ARES about a month or so ago. Since then, I've appointed an AEC, Robin (AJ4IJ) gladly accepted the appointment. We've established a NET on the 145.230 repeater here in the Knoxville area every Thursday night at 8:00pm EST. We've also established a meeting place and time in Maynardville, on the first Wednesday of every month at 6:30pm EST at the Hardees in on Maynardville Hwy.

So if you live in our area and are interested in joining ARES feel free to come to a meeting or join us on our NET. Our current plans include recruiting new members, contacting the county EMA and the chairman of our LEPC to find out how we can service the county during emergencies and disasters. We will also be planning other activities and training opportunities as the opportunities present themselves.

So that's really all I've got for now. So until next time... Be on the look out for ARES updates and my other HAM related activities. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, we will be making a blog site for Union County ARES soon so be on the lookout for that as well.

73 God Bless and Good DX,
Tim - AJ4JD

No comments: