Monday, May 12, 2008

Gathering Antenna Materials and Studying for Upgrades

Well folks, our stimulus check has arrived and we are beginning to order the supplies necessary to put up an antenna for our 2 meter base station. We are getting the Jetstream JTB1 208" 2 meter antenna. With that we already have a mast to erect next to the house. We have purchased out #6 bare copper grounding wire and are waiting for it to arrive. We are getting ready to order our coax cable. We are ordering 2 25ft. RG8/U double shielded coax cables, a 300U ICE lightning arrestor, mounting brackets, and some grounding strips. I believe that's about all we have to get. We've already got the rig and the power supply. The rig is a Radio Shack HTX-212 and the power supply is a Samlex America SEC 1223.
So once all the stuff gets here, we will have quite the project to work on. I will try to take pictures and post them once we have them. Anyway, That's about all I have for now. I've got to go do some more studying so I get my General Ticket. Wifey is also working on getting her extra, and the both of us are helping the youngin study to get her tech.

Until next time, 73's

KJ4DLD
T.

No comments: