Friday, May 9, 2008

Greetings and Salutations

Hello...

This is KJ4DLD, Tim in Tennessee. I've just recently started my adventures in Ham radio not more than three weeks ago, way back in 2 thousand double ought 8. I've been surrounded by a couple, three Hams for the last 8 years or so (that'd be me wifey, and her mum and dad). I just got my technician's license three weeks ago and have already learned and done so many things. The day I got my license, we went to help dad put up an inverted V antenna so that he could talk on 75 meters. If you can imagine the site of two grown men and one woman standing out front a house one with a fishin' rod, one with a bow and arrow, and the other with a big spool of rope. Only HAMs can really appreciate that.
The next weekend I got to help install a new antenna for the 2 meter rig in the jeep. The previous antenna was a mag mount on the side window in the back. Dad didn't feel safe with us transmitting with it and our daughter sitting in the back seat. So we installed a new antenna on the roof.
This past weekend we put a 2 meter mobile rig in our car and installed a trunk mount antenna as well. Other than that I've been listening lots on several repeaters, checking in on some of the local nets, studying to upgrade to a general class license, and trying to gather the materials to put up a 2 meter vertical outside the house so we can hook up a base station.

Anyhow, stay tuned as I plan to update often.

73s,
Tim
KJ4DLD

No comments: